Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shopping Spree

Some of those reading my post will already know that I now have four of my cousins living with me. Their names are Teresa, Sasha, Marcus, and Shayla. It has been quite fun having them living with me. But I realized I was missed many things necessary in order to run a family efficiently.

Teresa gets food stamps on the 13th of each month. So, being the person which I am, I made a menu for the next three months and a shopping list which should give us more than enough food to last. I hate shopping! Hate it with a passion. But I knew it needed to be done.

So, Sasha and I woke up early this morning to go and get three months worth of food. Three hours and $550 later this is what the backseat of Teresa's car looked like. It was quite full. Marcus thought the car looked like it was squatting. The lady at Aldi's kept asking us if we were preparing for Hurricane Ike coming ashore. However, I had to explain that I was trying to be like the Duggars! However, I don't have twenty mouths to feed. I only have five. The food will go a long way to feed us for the next few months. Shayla kept saying, 'Oh my gosh.' She was so cute.

Did I mention that the trunk was full also? Well, it was. Sasha and I went to two stores to get all the food that we would need: Aldi's and Wal-Mart. It took two carts at each store to get all the food out of there.

We were both very tired by the time we got done with all the shopping. Needless to say, my house is still a mess. The food is not all put away. Hopefully I will get to it tomorrow. I need to get the house clean before the missionaries come over to give Sasha and Marcus the second discussion.

I had a nice lady at work who gave me $1000 to help furnish the house with the necessary items which we need everyday. Things like towels, bed clothes, toilet papers, paper towels, laundry soap, soaps, etc. The only thing different about this trip is I took Teresa with me instead of Sasha. We had a lot of fun. We spend two hours shopping at Kohl's and Wal-Mart. After two hours of shopping and two carts later, Teresa and I had another full car. In this picture you can see several of the different items which we bought on our trip.

Do you see the Viva Paper Towels? These are the best paper towels ever made. My dad's parents used them. For years I tried to find out which brand they used. Finally about two years ago, I decided to try a new brand and what do you know. I had found them. Since then that has been all I have used. I have accidentally even sent them through the washer and dryer before and was able to use them afterwards.
Here is the trunk of my car after the second part of the shopping spree. Isn't it great. Two full car loads of things in one day. I didn't even spend a penny of my own money! They best type of shopping!

2 comments:

Charity Brown said...

All I have to say is WOWZERS!

Sherry Valentin said...

I HATE shopping too! I never have luck like you ...getting to shop without spending my own money, or like charity .... finding brand new shirts for $0.01! Maybe you two should shop for me!!!