Thursday, September 25, 2008

Co-workers

Today at work, I had the wonderful opportunity to present at two different meetings. With my new job, I am in charge of helping to educate my co-workers on our new computer system. So, I prepared for three weeks over this presentation. I was a little worried because initially the workflow process I was in charge of did not work.

I stressed out over how to get it to work. I contacted everyone I knew to help me. They sent me guides over the proper way to get a patient transferred in the computer system from the Emergency Room to the Operating Room. However, none of these were correct. Finally, the last person I contacted (why is it always the last?), was able to help me.

So, after three weeks of preparation, and countless hours of work, I gave my presentations to two different groups. My entire presentations (mind you, both of them) took less than ten minutes!! All that stress and worry for nothing! That will teach me to worry less and just do the work. I am glad I have co-workers who know what they are doing and are willing to teach me how to properly do my work!

3 comments:

Sherry Valentin said...

You ALWAYS do a great job with everything you do! So I am not surprised that your presentations went smoothly!!! Way to go Angel
0:)

Charity Brown said...

Way to go!!!

Tanya said...

It's always the last person you contact because once you get the right answer you stop looking...duh!!! (Dork)