Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bowling!!!

Yesterday I decided to take Shayla bowling since she and I were the only ones at the house. Sasha got a job this week at Taco Bell in Bentonville, Marcus is still at Vista, and Teresa was sleeping because she had worked the night before.

Shayla and I surprised Sasha by showing up and having lunch at Taco Bell. Sasha is real excited about being able to earn money for herself. I am real happy for her. However, she likes to get her money and she is taking the missionary discussions. I am just wondering what is going to happen when the talk to her about tithing!?! Do you think she might throw a fit about that?

Anyways, after we got done eating, Shayla and I had a few errands to run, like going to Wal-Mart and Petco. I was getting close to the Bowling Alley and thought it might be a lot of fun to take Shayla since she has never been. I was right.

She is real cute. I don't know what it is about bowling shoes, but they look a whole lot cuter when they are tiny. When you get feet my size they just look like clown shoes!!!! Ever time Shayla would roll her six pound ball down the lane, she would do a little dance and run in place on the slick wood. I just wish I would have taken my camera with me yesterday. I know I would have gotten a lot of great shots of her.

After two games, she still wanted to bowl more. I told her maybe once Marcus gets home from Vista, we can all go celebrate by bowling a few games. I think they would all enjoy it. When we got ready to leave, Shayla thanked the two gentlemen who were running the counter. She was flirting with them. One of the being very nice asked her if she wanted a printout of her scores. It was just like she had been given a jar full of candy. She has been showing the score card to everyone this week! I love how excited kids get about the simple things.

3 comments:

Sherry Valentin said...

How cute!!! We haven't been bowling in a long time!!! Shame on you for forgetting your camera!!

Charity Brown said...

How cute!!! Next time you'll have to take your camera for sure!

Tanya said...

Your size?! Try mine...they make fun of me just for asking for my size.