Monday, September 15, 2008

Hardboiled eggs

Have you ever noticed, when you hard boil eggs some of them are easier to peel than others? Why is that? I have tried everything under the sun to make it easier to take the shells off, but to no avail. Maybe one of these days I will figure out how to make them easier.

The reason this is on my mind, is I am making tuna salad and egg salad sandwiches for dinner tonight. I boiled the eggs and started peeling them. The first five went well, then the sixth and seventh went horribly. So, I got to thinking about it and wanted to know what you all thought.

2 comments:

Charity Brown said...

When you boil it, add oil in the water. I think that's the trick!

KathiG said...

Angel, if you put a couple of tablespoons of vinegar in the water sometimes it will help. And make sure the eggs sit in cold water for a few minutes to cool them down, but not too cool.