Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Filet crochet project #1.1

Ok, I have been working on this project for about a month now.  However, I was not blogging religiously when I started it or was primarily working on it.  I have a niece, Kiannah, who LOVES pandas.  And when I say that she loves pandas, I mean LOVES.  She carries them with here everywhere and sleeps with no less than three at a time.

So, I saw this pattern and just knew I had to make it for her.  She is one of the cutest girls ever and definitely takes after my best friend, Sherry!  Don't know where the two of them get it from!  But they are classy ladies!

http://stylish-crochet.blogspot.com/2010/09/filet-crochet-panda.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FiletCrochetByTeresa+%28Filet+Crochet+by+Teresa%29

Like I said, I have been working on it for about a month.  I literally had one and a half columns left to finish today.  I told Zeke that he had to make sure that I finished it today and he did.  He sat there the entire time looking at me to make sure I didn't stop.  The bad thing is, when I started, I didn't think about getting black thread.  So, I did the entire piece in white.  Which means that I had to dye the piece black after I was finished.

The black dye did not take on the entire piece, so I am going to have to do some touch up with either a pernament marker (my opinion) or black spray paint (Charity's).  We will see which I end up doing.  Right now it is stretching and drying on some cardboard so that it will hold its shape (Sherry, please never wash it.  You will never getting it to the correct shape again.  It took me 45 mins to get it stretch correctly).

So, with no further ado, here it is.......

Do you think she will like it?

5 comments:

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry Valentin said...

I think she will LOVE it!! I will never wash it... No worries... I will frame it as soon as possible!!

Charity Brown said...

AWESOME BLOSSOM!

Charity Brown said...

PS - I think they'll be surprised at how big it is... Sherry will have to get a HUUUUUGE frame. :)

goldie mcgarrah said...

Angel, I think it is great, and I am sure Kiannah will love it. As we talked about it over the phone, it will be a wonderful birthday gift, especially if the theme is going to be Panda. You did a great job!!!!! Pat yourself on the back for it.