Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Travis is coming home!!!

Travis is coming home tomorrow!!! I can't believe it has been two years already. My how the time flies when you are having fun or when you are not having fun. He has defiantly grown up in the last two years and changed a lot. But then, haven't we all changed in that same time period.

I had an early start today heading out to Huntington, West Virginia to be there tomorrow when Travis arrives. My mom thought I was leaving Rogers at noon because I had to work this morning. However, little did she know, but I picked Sherry and Kiannah up before the crack of dawn, and we were on the road at 6 am.

After a ten or fifteen minute stop in Little Rock to pick Aubrey up, we were on the road again. We had to kind of keep track of how long it was taking us to get places so we could lie to my parents about where we were. I hope we will be forgiven for telling the few white lies which we did tell in order to surprise my parents.

I talked to my parents several times on the phone and they kept telling us it would be real difficult to find the house after dark and that we needed to call them so they could meet us somewhere. However, we tried to call my parents and have them meet us but no one answered the phone. What are you suppose to do then?

So, we determined to follow the Mapquest directions and hope we didn't get lost. The directions took us straight to my parents front door with only one of the mileages being wrong. Thank you mapquest and to all the other drivers out there for letting us have a safe trip.

2 comments:

Sherry Valentin said...

Yeah.... It was a safe trip thanks to Davone's entertaining prayer and your avoidance of the big truck's bumper!! It was a fun and entertaining trip!!

Charity Brown said...

Mapquest always gives me the wrong directions.... we used google maps and they were WAY wrong! They had us going all over the place! CRAZY people!